Wednesday, January 13, 2010

In You Alone

This has become one of my favorite songs. I am so thankful that in Christ alone we can find all that we need. So many times I only truly begin to understand this when I realize I have nowhere else to turn but to Him. And the sad part is that I should have known that from the start! I am so thankful for His patience with me. His mercy is overwhelming. I am so glad that when I reach my end, He is just beginning!!


When I am weak, You carry every burden
When I'm alone, You're just a breath away
When I am restless, You're the One who stills me
And where I fail You always stay the same.

In You alone I'm lifted up to Heaven
In You alone I soar on borrowed wings
When I reach the end, You are just beginning
In You alone I find all that I need

When I am lost, You rescue me from danger
And when I fall, You pick me up again
When I resist, you love past my defenses
And though I stray, You're patient to the end.


No comments: