Wednesday, March 26, 2008

No-Knead Nutella and Roasted Hazelnut Challah

I found a recipe a few weeks ago that I had to share! I made it for some friends and then for a church fellowship...in fact, I am eating some of it right now!!! Yes, this recipe has quickly become a favorite around these parts!!

The coolest part about this recipe is that you can make the dough and leave it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks!!! So I make it and pull out a chunk of dough whenever I want some bread and the dough just keeps rising in the fridge till you are ready for it!

Oh, and one trick I found is that if you are planning on letting the dough sit for a few days, you can actually put in less yeast than what it calls for and it will still rise up and taste just as good.

Here is a link for the recipe. The link only has a few recipes that you can make with this dough (I tried the Caramel Cinnamon Rolls, too....super good!!), but it gives you the name of the book you can buy for more recipes. This will definitely be my next recipe book purchase!! Happy baking!

2 comments:

Shane and Kristy Davis said...

Hi Deanna,
I found a link to your blog and was so excited to see you in Spain! How exciting! Your little guy is cute, and your challah looks to die for! Give us a visit at www.canadianchronicles.blogspot.com. Look forward to hearing from you and keeping up with you guys.
Kristy

Unknown said...

YUM! My kids go crazy over Nutella. This recipe would be a total hit here!

I am glad to see that your blog is holding up fine. Let me know if you have any problems!


Ali