Saturday, September 27, 2008

Be Thankful!

I found this on a friend's blog and thought I would pass it along. It helps put some things into perspective!


·Be thankful for the clothes that fit a little too snug, because it means you have enough to eat.

·Be thankful for the mess you clean up after a party, because it means you have been surrounded by friends.

·Be thankful for the taxes you pay, because it means you're employed.

·Be thankful that your lawn needs mowing and your windows need fixing, because it means you have a home.

·Be thankful for your heating bill, because it means you are warm.

·Be thankful for the laundry, because it means you have clothes to wear.

·Be thankful for the space you find at the far end of the parking lot, because it means you can walk.

·Be thankful for the lady who sings off-key behind you in church, because it means you can hear.

·Be thankful when people complain about the government, because it means we have freedom of speech.

·Be thankful for the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours, because it means you're alive.


"...I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content" Philippians 4:11

3 comments:

Pilar said...

Thanks for sharing it with me :) We have nothing to complain about and yet we do it.
Btw love the new look! :)

The Radanks said...

Deanna,
I just happened across your blog lookin for someone else. It is so exciting to see how the Lord is using you and Jeff. Your little boy is adorable. My husband and I are on deputation, going to Germany.
You can check out our blog www.radanks.blogspot.com and my email (if you have time) is kelly@radankstogermany.com. I hope to hear from you and catch up. Kelly (Chamberlain) Radank

Anonymous said...

hey that was really good! i'll have to keep those things in mind especially the one about the lady that sings off key behind me haha! which in our church happens often. lol!

beth