Thursday, January 8, 2009

Amy Carmichael

I found this on a friend's e-mail and it was just what I needed to remind me to take a deep breath in the busyness of the day, to put my eyes on Him. He calms and soothes the heart. What a wonderful Savior is ours!

Blessed are the single-hearted, for they shall enjoy much peace. If you refuse to be hurried and pressed, if you stay your soul on God, nothing can keep you from that clearness of spirit which is life and peace. In that stillness you will know what His will is.

-- Amy Carmichael

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful post! Nothing is as calming as focusing on Christ. The world speaks about meditating and how it calms the spirit. They don't have anything on our blessed Saviour!

Unknown said...

This is a wonderful quote! I need that breather that´s for sure!