Saturday, April 4, 2009

They're Here!

My parents arrived in Madrid on April 1st. That's right...on April Fool's Day, but it's no joke!! Aaron's phrase all day Wednesday was..."I can't believe they're really here!"

Here is Aaron, at 7am, Wednesday morning as we drove off to the airport to pick them up. He was excited, to say the least!



They arrived at 8am and we were there, anxiously awaiting their arrival!



We have spent the last few days getting things set up for my parents. Those of you who have moved oversees understand all the setup that is involved when you first arrive in the country! I am so glad that we are here to help them, since having someone there to help when you arrive it wonderful! When we arrived in Spain, our friends the Starks helped us out so much. Thanks again guys!!

Thankfully, things have gone very smoothly so far. We even found an apartment today that we all just fell in love with! After looking at our last apartment for the day, we ran to the grocery store and discovered they had lobster on sale!! So, we just HAD to take advantage of the very rare sale and treated ourselves to a wonderful, seafood meal!





I thank the Lord for the opportunity that He has given us to team up with my family in starting a work here in Madrid. Here is one last picture of Aaron with "Meena". Now we are just waiting for my sister who arrives next Saturday. Yaaaay!!!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Yeah! We love having my parents close by, it's such a blessing. Enjoy this time...and tell Deb hi for me on Saturday. :)

Shane and Kristy Davis said...

What a blessing to have your mom and dad there to serve together! So happy for you!

Pilar said...

yey!!!! I am so excited!!!But I think I am going to cry!!!!Why????

Can't wait to see you guys.

Unknown said...

Praise the Lord! Now the next phase can begin. :) We will be praying for you all as you launch out soon.