Thursday, August 20, 2009

The "Who Is He/Who Am I" Challenge!


While at camp last week, I gave each of the girls in my cabin an assignment.

The first day, they were to look in the Bible for something about God that they did not already know.

The next day, they had to find something about what the Bible says that we are.

We named it the Who Is He? and Who Am I? challenge. The girls did a great job and each found something different about both subjects. We arrived at this conclusion:

My worth is not in who I am, but in who He is. When we understand who He is and how much He loves us, it is only then that we can understand what it means for our worth to be in Him. This is much greater than any worth that we can think we have apart from Him. Our goal therefore, should be to find out who He is. He promises to be a rewarder to all that diligently seek HIM! (Hebrews 11:6). If my goal in seeking God is only to help me, then I will not find Him. If I seek Him alone, then He will be my reward and then "...all these things shall be added unto you." (Matt. 6:33)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Very wonderfully put! very challenging. We are nothing with out Him!