Saturday, October 18, 2008

It is really late and I am tired..but I haven't posted in a few days and wanted to post a quicky!! We had our 3rd ladies' meeting this past Thursday and it was such a blessing...again. I am so thankful for this opportunity to share in a Bible study right now. I know that once we get our church started, it may be a little while before we have a group of ladies like this, so I am trying to not take any of this for granted!



I thought I would share a quick review of the lesson and maybe it will be a blessing to you, too....

The Lies We Believe...
1. I am of no value
2. I have to learn to love myself
3. I cannot change the way I am

The Truth...
1. My worth is not dependent on what others think of me or what I think of myself. What determines my worth is the way God sees me. Ps. 139; Eph. 1:3-8; I Peter 2:4

2. Loving myself is already a reality! Jn. 15:12; Mt. 16:24-26; Eph. 5:29. What I need is to learn to deny myself and allow God teach me how to love others through me.

3. I am responsible for my own decisions and actions and I can change, thanks to the power of the Holy Spirit living in me. Deut. 30:19; Joshua 24:15; Gal. 5:16; Phil. 2:13

1 comment:

Pilar said...

Thanks for sharing! It sounds like a great book. I can't wait to start reading it. I got it through amazon and my in laws are bringing it for me in November, so you know what I would be reading then :). Take advantage, I really miss the ladies meetings. They had one in Gijon yesterday too :)