Monday, February 2, 2009

True Peace


This is a conversation I had with Aaron a few days ago when I picked him up from school:

"Mommy, we celebrated the day of peace today at school"

"Oh yeah? What did you do?"

"We just sang some songs and made a wall of peace out of boxes and my teacher talked about peace, but guess what?"

"What, buddy?"

"I told my friends that peace doesn't exist"

"You did? Well, peace does exist, but not..."

"I know, Mommy, I told them that the only way they can have peace is by trusting in Jesus as their Savior."

"You are right! What did they say?"

"They just kind of looked at me and then kept playing. They didn't really care."

"Well, I'm proud of you for telling them the truth and you know you planted a little seed of truth in their hearts today! Just keep praying for them, ok?"

"Ok, mommy"


Dear Lord, please give me the courage to plant seeds of truth in the lives of those around me, even if they don't seem to care!

4 comments:

Pilar said...

You are doing something right girl! What a testimony. I pray may we all have his boldness

Unknown said...

Awesome!!! Way to go, Aaron and praise the Lord for the teaching he is receiving from his Godly parents! Out of the mouth of Babes!

Unknown said...

It brough tears to my eyes!

Beth White said...

wow that is a huge testimony! i'm so proud of aaron. i can't wait to see how the Lord uses him.