Sunday, February 8, 2009

Yearly Ladies' Meeting in Madrid

Last weekend I had the privilege, along with 100 plus women from churches mainly from the Madrid area, to get together for a day of fellowship and classes. What a blessing the sessions were, as well as the fellowship! This is the 11th year that this meeting has been held here in Madrid and every year, the amount of ladies who attend has been larger. The theme this year was about running the race of the Christian life. To me the most encouraging part of the meeting was seeing so many sisters in Christ gathered together and to see how many of the churches have grown! Spain is know for being a slow field, but God is still at work and this was evident at this meeting. I am so excited about what God is going to continue to do here in Spain and just glad to be a part of it!


Here is the group of ladies that went from our church.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I missed this picture when I visited your blog the last couple of times.
What a blessing! It´s just encouraging seeing the picture! Next year maybe I will get to go. ;) Pilar and I were talkin about getting together with a mutual bloggy missionary friend in Madrid in the near future for some fun and fellowship and of course shopping. Has she mentioned it to you?

Deanna said...

Hey Daniela...actually, she we just talked about it last night. Anything that includes fellowship AND shopping is always a great idea! So sign me up!