Monday, March 23, 2009

My Little Missionary

I just want to brag a little on my son and praise the Lord for what He is doing in his heart.

Last week after school, he said, "Mommy, today I was talking with some of my friends in school about God and my friend Pau told me that he didn't believe in God. He said that he believes in reincarnation (these kids are 6!). Then my other friend, Alejandro said that he believed in God but when I was explaining to him about trusting in Jesus as your Saviour to go to Heaven, he said he didn't understand. And my other friend Juanjo said that his Daddy believed in God."

At this point I gave him a big hug and told him I was so proud of him for telling his friends about Jesus. I told him we would have to pray that the Lord would work in their hearts. A few moments later he said, "I thought I had to wait until I was bigger to tell others about Jesus, because I was too scared, but I did it!!"


The picture above is of Aaron with his friend Pau. Please pray for his mother, Maribel, as the Lord is allowing me to build a friendship with her. The other day she invited me over for a cup of coffee and when she asked about why we had come to Spain, I had a chance to explain a little of why we are here. Please pray that this door of friendship would stay open, so that I would continue to have more opportunities to share Christ with her.


Here is a picture of Aaron with his teacher, Marta (in the pink sweater holding Aaron's hand) and his friend Juanjo

Then a couple of days ago he came home from school and told me about a conversation he had with his teacher at school...

Aaron: Do you know who created the trees and the animals?

Marta (his teacher): Well, they are just reproduced themselves. No one created them.

Aaron: I know who created everything.

Marta: oh yeah? Who?

Aaron: God did!! A long time ago He created everything! It says so in the Bible!

At this point, Aaron told me, "Mommy, she acted like she really didn't believe me! I think she believes in evolution! I told him that she probably does and then Aaron said, "Yeah well, you can't make a monkey out of me!!" jeje Then he told me that he was sad that his teacher didn't believe in God.

I am so grateful that he has a tender heart for the Lord and a desire to tell others about Him. I pray that he never loses that desire, but that it will only grow.

7 comments:

The Cook Family said...

What a brave boy you have Deanna - He needs to feed his desire to get the Word out to his friends. He is so young, yet he knows the truth and wants to share - how exciting! God bless you guys as you continue to serve in Spain.

Pilar said...

What a cool story! What an spiritual little boy! What a proud mommy!!!!
Por cierto, tengo una cosita para ti en mi blog. Besos

Unknown said...

I got all teary eyed!!! How special! He is listening very carefully to that Still Small Voice inside of Him.

Our boys love that song "you can´t make a monkey out of me!! " It´s a great way to teach our boys about Creation! They can sing it to everyone!

We will pray for his friend and his mother and for his teacher.

I am gonna read this post to my boys too. Praise the Lord for your little Missionary!!!

Ashley said...

What a great story, it is awesome that Aarons heart is so burdened for those around him. It is also a great estimony of what you all are instilling in him. We sould all be more conscious of the lost souls around us.

Beth White said...

i love the part about not being able to make a monkey out of me. that is so awesome. and how smart that he knows the word evolution. i don't think that Grace has even heard that word. looks like they do a ton at their school, good grief and grace is excited about field day lol! tell aaron that i am very proud of him for standing up for what he believes!

Beth said...

there is no greater joy! thanks for sharing. Aaron sounds so sweet and sincere. You're done a great job with him!

Nate and Arancha Photography said...

wowwww, that is so good! and so cute! He is such a great boy!